Halloween is just around the corner! Using the basic FORMUFIT pumpkin spider plan, you can make your own PVC Black Widow Lawn Spider! It’s a great outdoor activity to do with the kids!
Some changes to the original plan were made: Instead of using 1 in. pipe and fittings, 3/4 in. pipe was used and the legs were made longer to give the spider a creepier, more sinister appearance.
Here is a list of materials needed for this project:
- 4x - 3/4 in. 3-Way PVC Elbow in Black
- 4x - 3/4 in. PVC Tee in Black
- 8x - 3/4 in. 45 Degree PVC Elbow in Black
- 8x - 3/4 in. 90 Degree PVC Elbow in Red
- 8x - 3/4 in. External End Caps in Red
- 18x - 3/4 in. Furniture Grade PVC Pipe in Black
The PVC pipe was cut to the following lengths:
- 8x pieces at 24 inches
- 8x pieces at 20 inches
- 2x pieces at 12 inches
- 14x pieces at 2 inches
Cuts can be made with a Ratchet PVC pipe cutter or a hacksaw.
The glossy, furniture-grade PVC pipe & fittings will not deteriorate in sunlight like off-the-shelf plumbing-grade PVC does.
A large-size pumpkin can be purchased for this project at any grocery or hardware store for under $10. A little spray paint later, and voila, black widow spider!